Founded in 1993, the mission of the Dreyfoos School of the Arts Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, is to enhance the art and academic programs at the internationally recognized Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts. Funds raised by the Foundation provide for curriculum enhancements that cannot be funded through the School District.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
The Dreyfoos School of the Arts Foundation is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
- We will foster and maintain a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the communities we serve.
- At the Foundation we will assist the Dreyfoos School of the Arts and fund programs that will teach social justice, creatively providing curricula, programs, and environments that reflect the diversity of our communities, and elevate cultural awareness.
- We will ensure fair and inclusive access to our Foundation.
- We will advance and build our workforce by assessing hiring practices and performance review procedures to attract, retain, and develop talented faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- We will address intergroup disparities in areas such as learning outcomes, and graduation rates by funding programs and providing assistance to students to ensure all students are given equal chances to succeed.