Campaign for the Arts
It’s time to start our annual Campaign for the Arts! Last school year your support provided for 20 Artists in Residence and support staff positions for the Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts.
The Artist in Residence Program offers students
classes that would otherwise be unavailable:
Can you imagine Dreyfoos without all of these staff members?
Principal Susan Atherley has made it clear that “Dreyfoos receives very minimal funding for the arts from the School District. The arts programs are primarily funded through your donations to the School of the Arts Foundation.”
Our goal is to raise $575 per student for the 2017-2018 school year.
All tax-deductible donations - large and small - are greatly appreciated.
Why do we start collecting so early?
• By May 2017, the principal has to know how much funding will be available for Artists in Residence in the 2017-2018 school year.
• To give families and supporters the option to make monthly payments toward the $575 goal.
How can you help?
• Donate today! Encourage family, friends, and businesses to do the same.
• Consider sponsoring one or more financially disadvantaged student(s). More than 20% of Dreyfoos students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
• Set up monthly contributions. $575 over 10 months may better fit your budget.
• Double your donation with employer matching gift programs (FPL, Tyco, Bank of America, AT&T, Florida Turbine, Pratt Whitney, Wells Fargo, etc.).
• Designate your United Way donations to benefit the School of the Arts Foundation.