Campus Map

(Click to enlarge)

The Sapodilla Avenue frontage of the campus boasts three completely renovated historic buildings. The School’s historic significance cannot be understated. With the renovation of the buildings and reopening of the campus as the Dreyfoos School, its legacy is ensured to continue to future generations.  This proud campus is the crown jewel in the West Palm Beach downtown redevelopment.
 
Building 1 (1922) Communications Building
In 1922, Palm Beach High School moved to this new building. Designed in the Mediterranean style, it housed 10th through 12th graders and had its first graduates in 1923. At that time, the 1915 structure became the junior high and the original building became the elementary school.
This is now the Communications Arts department, student services and foreign languages. The fourth floor is a community room.
 
Building 2 (1908) 
Named in honor of Alexander W. Dreyfoos, Jr.
The Dreyfoos School of the Arts occupies a campus first opened in 1908. Then it was called Central Schools. When you pass by the east side of the campus on Sapodilla Avenue you can still see that name on the archway entrance to the campus. The entire school, from K-12, was contained in this one building.
This building now houses the math department and administrative services.
 
Building 3 (1915) Academics Building
In 1915, a new building was built which became the Palm Beach High School. The original building then became the elementary and junior high.
This building is now the academic department for the Dreyfoos School.
 
Building 4 (1997) Kramer Science Building
This structure was built in 1997 to house the Dance and the Science Departments.    
 
Building 5 (1997) Media Center
The Media Center was built in a Mediterranean style and is located in the center of the campus.  It was designed around the historic banyan tree on its west side.
 
Building 6 (1958) Wellness Center
In 1958, the gymnasium was built. The newly renovated Wellness Center includes exercise facilities with state-of-the-art equipment and new locker rooms.
 
Building 7 (1997) Performing Arts Center
The Theatre and Music Departments are in this building. It also contains the Brandt Black Box Theatre and Meyer Hall, a 600-seat traditional proscenium theatre. Its style is modern art deco with Mediterranean arches on its eastern side.
 
Building 8 (2003) Cafeteria and Meeting Center
When the Dreyfoos School moved onto this campus in 1997, there were portables set up in this space to provide meals which the students ate under a tent. The cafeteria opened in February 2003.
 
Building 9 (1949) Visual Arts Building
In 1949, the “Art Deco” building was constructed. It now houses the Visual Arts department including a small art gallery and the School of the Arts Foundation office.